Tuesday, August 1, 2017

August 2017 Stamp of the Month Blog Hop




Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring August's SOTM, which is School Year, a set of 9 stamps.  This set is great for those school pictures.  




If you have come here from Haley Dyer's Blog  you are on the right path!  This month we have close to 20 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go.....

I am thinking out of the box on this one. Here is the card I made.  



I wanted to see if I could use this set for something other than school and this is what I came up with.  The sentiment is my own lettering.  I stamped the pencils and messy water colored them. For the sentiment I dropped sots of the water color on and then dabbed it to lighten the colors.   

I used the following:
S1708 School Year SOTM
Z899 Black Memento Stamp Pad
Z3132 Watercolor Paints
Z3225 Medium Water Brush
Z1979 Marvy Uchida LePen Journaling Pen
1385  Daisy White Cardstock
1386 Black Cardstock

Thanks for hopping by :)   
Now hop on over to 
Darlys Recker's Blog and check out her amazing artwork.

16 comments:

  1. The watercolor pencil background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat card! I love how you showed a non-layout use for this set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great out of the box use of this set! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. STOP on the adorable watercoloring of the pencils which make for a fantastic background! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colored pencil background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vibrancy of colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely done. The "colored pencils" is a clever use of this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stop the bus, wow, the watercolour on the pencils is fabulous, love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you made all the pencils different colors, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love this. You did think outside the box and it is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love! Love! the messy watercolor! Awesome card. Great hand lettering, also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So awesome! I love all the colored pencils!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card. I can think of so many reasons to send one just like it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete