Friday, June 1, 2012

Creative Hangover

I am in California visiting my Mom and I was lucky enough to have my trip correspond with the Create Mixed Media Retreat Orange County  ....so I signed up for Jacqueline Newbold's Travel Journal Water Color Class. What a great class...I had so much fun and learned so much....here is what I created;

We traced Jacqueline's drawing and then water colored it..I have to admit I am totally amazed that I did this!!  


Here's my first attempt....I drew the HB Pier, a Montana scene and a palm tree I sketched there.  

Finally here's an old church abandon in Puunene on the way to the Friend's of the Library on Maui. I have to add an title.  Jacqueline is an amazing teacher.

Jacqueline was teaching another class that evening and I went to sign up for it but 2 ladies beat me to it, so I decided to take something else and lucky for me someone had switched out of Joanne Sharp's Lettering Class...woohoo.  I am taking her online class so I got to meet her in person!!!!  What a thrill and she is so wonderfully fun:)  Here's what I did in this class...they are works in progress....

 This is my letter sampler I still have quite a bit of work to do on it. 


 This is my letter board and it is still a work in progress. 

Boy did I have fun learning so much...at the end of the night I did not want to leave and enter the real world again.  I could have stayed in that creative, fun happy place forever!!!!!  Needless to say I am having a wonder "creative hangover"  I just want to sit around and create forever!  I think I am going to have to plan my next visit to Mom around this event!!!


Thanks for hopping by:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment